Balcony Restoration & Repairs
"There are leaking balconies all over Melbourne and the multi story apartment boom is contributing to this defective housing crisis" .
Click Links Below for Quick Navigation
Accumulation of calcium salts, known as “Efflorescence” occurs on balcony surfaces only in the presence of water.
Balcony repairs - complete strip out and major structural building works due to waterproofing failure and subsequent water leaks.
Fix Leaking Balconies - Product & Installation
Successful remedial waterproofing system for leaking balconies:
- All too often, penetration of water through the top balcony surface and exposed edges of both reinforced concrete balconies and timber framed balconies, leads to deterioration of the balcony structure and significant defects occur, such as concrete spalling.
- Selecting the best waterproof product – selecting cost effective & long life membranes suitable for balcony design and the relevant conditions.
- Correct membrane installation is just as important as product selection i.e. detailing to make water tight all balcony surfaces, interfaces, and penetrations.
- Balcony waterproofing membranes must be capable of bridging cracks and joints of the underlying substrate, whether this cement sheeting, sycon board or others.
- Membrane flexibility is an important criteria as the waterproofing will need to move with the normal contraction & expansion of the balcony envelope.
- Remedial waterproofing projects need fast & efficient installation - causing minimal disruption to building occupants.
- Spray Apply Liquid Membranes are up to 3 x times faster installation compared with torch on & sheet membrane applications.
Liquid Rubber Application