Expert Waterproofing Services in Melbourne
Structural Waterproofing for the Construction Industry
Findlay-Evans Waterproofing provide new & remedial waterproofing services.
VIDEO - About Findlay-Evans Waterproofing
Melbourne Commercial Waterproofing Company
For Quick Navigation, Click Links Below
Melbourne Waterproofing Contractors
REVIEWS - Findlay-Evans Waterproofing Company
Read what our customers are saying HERE
Findlay-Evans Waterproofing, based in Melbourne, provide waterproofing installation & application services throughout Victoria.
- Our Waterproofing Team install high performance, seamless, fully bonded liquid waterproofing membranes and coatings.
- With over 25 years experience working in the waterproofing sector, as builders we have the experience and knowledge to deliver the best.
- Findlay-Evans Waterproofing pride ourselves by offering solutions for any waterproofing challenge.
- Our Team are skilled waterproofers & employees, trained in our systems and processes and using quality waterproofing products designed to last.
BALCONIES - How to Fix Leaking Balconies
"Water penetration is one of most common cause of building defects, and a repeat offender in builder-client disputes." MBAV Vol 73 - Issue 03
- Waterproofing and sealing balconies, especially if over habitable spaces, should be a well thought out process and done correctly from the outset.
- The consequences of balcony water leaks can be costly and difficult to repair.
Read interesting article below by Construction & Planning Lawyers; Lovegrove and Cotton:
Balcony Waterproofing Repair Services
VIDEO Case Study - Balcony Waterproofing System
Balcony Builders & Waterproofers - Melbourne
Liquid Rubber - Best Balcony Waterproof System
- Sprayable liquid waterproofing system, which is installed by our certified & fully trained employees - there are no subcontract waterproofers on our sites!
- Liquid Membranes can be used on the most complex of balcony details eg: penetrations, drainage outlets, balustrades, door thresholds and upturns on vertical walls.
Seamless liquid applied elastomeric polymer, water based membranes
have become the ultimate solution for balcony waterproofing.
How to fix water leaks and waterproof a tiled balcony - Best Practice & Australian Standards
VIDEO Case Study - Repair Balcony Water Leaks
- If balconies are not waterproofed correctly the first time, you may be faced with repairing your balcony surface over and over again if the CORRECT repair system is not used.
- Accumulation of calcium crystals and salts that disfigures the top edges or underside of balconies are known as “Efflorescence”.
- Efflorescence cannot form in the absence of water.
- The waterproofing product chosen for balcony restoration should have the correct amount of expansion capabilities as the surrounding structure.
- and must be able to adhere to them and create a bond and seal.
Tips to Waterproofing & Seal Balconies
The following tactics will help to ensure good balcony sealing and avoid water ingression.
Complete all penetrating works PRIOR to applying the waterproofing.
Choose a sealant or membrane material that suits your balcony structure, balustrade materials and roof materials.
Ensure any penetrating material are applied with an additional sealant that will create an additional seal on these.
Make sure you have a good drainage plan worked out with the balcony levels so not water pools are created.
ROOFS - Concrete & Metal - Water Proofing
- Remedial waterproofing services repair existing & leaking membranes by over coating with a Liquid Applied Waterproofing system.
- This can save a roof project thousands of dollars without the need to replace the roof or membrane.
- Roof leaks often occur at points of weakness like roof penetrations, around roof mounted air-conditioning units, HVAC ducts or at skylights, joins/seams in sheet membranes.
- Flat roofs and low slope roofs also have their own inherent problems typically caused by splits, cracks and tears at the waterproofing membrane seams.
- Existing roofs may have low grade roof coatings such as mastic, tar or acrylic reflective roof coatings.
Roof membrane with severe deterioration causing significant water damage
Roof Waterproof Coatings - a viable long-term alternative to removing & replacing an existing roof.
VIDEO Case Study - Roof Water Leaks
- Using our Liquid Applied waterproofing system we can seal around penetrations, repair drains and gutters, recondition waterways and ponding areas, even seal around skylights and HVAC ducts.
- Liquid applied roofing membranes can be installed without affecting or disrupting the workplace beneath.
- Suited to almost all common types of industrial roofing; including corrugated fibro, aluminum, steel, concrete, timber, bitumen and can also be applied over failed sheet membrane systems.
Findlay-Evans Waterproofing install solar reflective roofing membranes - save on energy costs.
- Liquid Applied waterproofing systems increased insulation while at the same time reducing the need for complete replacement of existing roofs.
- Our elastomeric roof waterproofing coatings are engineered to move with roof thermal cycles without cracking, flaking or peeling.
- These roof membranes exhibit extreme flexibility with advanced elongation – up to three times greater than many other membrane systems.
- This enhanced flexibility allows the waterproofing membrane to move with the roof substrate normal climatic expansion and contraction.
- Liquid applied waterproofing membranes have numerous properties crucial for roof projects: UV stable, with stand “ponding” water and molds to the shape of the roof and adheres to just about all roof substrates.