Under Slab Waterproofing
WATERPROOFING UNDER CONCRETE SLAB
Below ground waterproofing is as important as your foundations supporting the entire structure.
- Without the combination of sound footings and waterproof structures a building will deteriorate rapidly.
- Below grade systems are often inaccessible for repairs and extremely costly if modifications or rectifications are necessary at a future date.
- Positive-side waterproofing systems are post-applied to the surface of the substrate directly exposed to moisture, typically the exterior side of the foundation wall.
Findlay-Evans Waterproofing Video Case Study - Below Ground Tanking Melbourne.
BEST WATERPROOFING PRODUCT
- The traditional plastic barrier used for under slab protection is a moisture barrier and is NOT a waterproof membrane.
- Waterproofing Membranes installed under concrete slabs must provide permanent vapour, gas, chemical & water protection.
- Liquid Applied Membranes are particularly suitable for gas vapour barriers for mitigating methane & VOC intrusion.
- Liquid Applied Waterproofing provides a seamless and flexible membrane that will also move with the concrete foundations.
- This means there are no JOINS or SEAMS - which are often areas of potential weakness due to possibility of tears during construction & over time.
LIQUID MEMBRANES FOR BASEMENT WATERPROOFING
Liquid Membranes cure to form a durable barrier providing permanent water protection.
- Liquid Waterproofing Systems are engineered for below slab construction.
- The Membrane bonds integrally to poured concrete for use below slabs or basement walls - both horizontally & vertically.
- Remains unaffected by ground settlement beneath slabs.