WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF
View Video Below
We have seen numerous failures due to the charastics of sheet & torch-on membranes:
- - joins and seams are areas of potential water ingress.
- - membrane degradation due to UV light.
- - inability to withstand ponding water.
- - flammable torch-on methods & heat-applied membranes compromise safe work practices.
- - Torch-on membranes are heat-fused to underlying surfaces. A blow torch treatment is applied to sheets that come in varying thicknesses.
Inflammable polystrene foam cladding caught fire in Malaysian EPF building due to heat-applied maintenance waterproofing works.
Excerpt from The Straits Times:
"In order to melt the waterproofing membrane, you need to use a flame gun. The cladding accidentally caught fire, and it spread really fast. The contractor doing the waterproofing was not aware that the cladding material was easily flammable."