Solving Roof Leaks With Liquid Waterproofing
Case Study - Roof Repairs
How to repair a roof with an existing leaking waterproofing membrane.
- The Findlay-Evans Team were contracted to repair a leaking commercial rooftop; the existing membrane had deteriorated – most likely due to an inability to move with expansion and contraction of the roof surface.
- We over coated the existing damaged membrane with a spray apply Liquid Rubber waterproofing barrier.
- This provided a robust waterproofing membrane with fast spray installation without the costly alternative and disruption of replacing the old roof.
Case Study Video: Rooftop Membrane Repairs
Using Liquid Rubber Waterproofing Membranes
- Our preferred choice of waterproofing product for roof projects is the Liquid Rubber system.
- Liquid Rubber membranes have the unique properties of extreme flexibility combined with robust adhesion to the surface – both ideal qualities for a rooftop waterproofing membrane.
Flexibility is a vital property for quality roof waterproofing membranes
- A Liquid Rubber membrane will expand and contract with the thermal cycle of a building. This means Liquid Rubber has the capability of moving with the structure or substrate it is adhered to.
- Liquid Rubber has an elasticity with elongation to 800% and memory 95%.
- There is no other product on the market that we know of that can move with buildings and structures in such way as Liquid Rubber.
- Liquid Rubber also has the added ability of enhanced longevity and guaranteed will not crack with age.
Why Use Liquid Applied Waterproofing Membranes
- Liquid Membranes provide a robust fully bonded waterproof membrane – NO SEAMS OR JOINS.
- Liquid roof membranes also conform to the contour and shape of the roof substrate – perfect for profiles, complex and irregular contours.
Spray Applied Liquid Waterproofing Applications
- Sheet membranes have seams or joins which are a point of weakness for water leaks – there is always the potential for joins to delaminate with age.
- Water can then track underneath these cracked joins and quite often end up quite a distance from the original point of entry.This makes it extremely difficult to detect the source of water leaks and provide a solution.
- Liquid applied membranes are a monolithic, fully-bonded and strongly adhered membrane without joins or seams – preventing cracking due to aging and UV sunlight.
Waterproofing Membranes - SEAMLESS & FLEXIBLE
- Spray application is a very fast process – we can spray up to 800m2 coverage per day of a rapid curing waterproof membrane, depending on climatic conditions.
- Liquid Rubber membranes can provide water protection to a wide range of surfaces – concrete, timer, metal, flat, sloped or curved.This is an effective and cost efficient method of remedial work without the costly need of removing the existing roof.